Thread: 2007 compatibility

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I figured it actually came about by committee. In my experience there usually seems to be one of those beyond the most ridiculous decisions...
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

Save routines for both Excel 2003 and Excel 2007

Xld helped me with an issue that deals with the file format and syntax variances between Excel 2007 and earlier versions.

I created a workbook in Excel 2003 for distribution within our organization. Only about 10% of the agency at this point has migrated to Office 2007. The workbook creates a duplicate of itself and I wanted that duplicate to save in the Excel file format resident on the user's machine.

When the portion of code was added to accommodate the save routine for Excel 2007, it was not recognized by Excel 2003 and was then treated as an undeclared variable.

The solution is found at:

http://vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20220

Ron
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.