Thread: Update

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    Update

Well, I guess it's time for an update. So much has happened in the last few months! I have a spare few minutes and thought I'd drop by and fill ya'll in. Not even sure where to start!

School
    In my last semester of my paramedic program now. It's definitely the busiest time of the program and the internship requirements have skyrocketed. I'm almost done with all of my clinical internship hours, which include ER, ICU, NICU, PICU, OR, psych rotations, & labor and delivery. Then there are the field internship hours. I don't know how many hours I have done total, but I know it's well over 1000. That number is not including class time as well, which I think is around an additional 500 hours or so thus far. If all goes well I'll be done in July. Worst case scenario is I don't meet all of the internship requirements in time (somewhat common, depending on the ambulance calls we get) and have another couple of months to complete them. But grades are holding well and keeping a high GPA, so I'm happy there.

Work
    I've been keeping extremely busy with work. Every time it seems things might let up a little, more piles on. I'm so glad I love my job. If it seemed like I was doing actual work it would be horrendous! It doesn't seem like work though. I mean hey, I used to do it for free before I got paid for it! No complaints though. I did get promoted to Captain a few months ago though. Still not sure if that was a good thing or not. LOL! More responsibility, that's for sure. With every promotion there is a noticeable shift further and further away from a nozzle. But there are other opportunities opened for me now as well. I'm still extremely thankful to be able to do what I do. Truly the best job on earth!

Family
    So much going on with my family! Not even sure where to start. Let's see, my sons just had a math contest with the entire school district, separated by grade levels. My youngest son was in the 3rd grade competition. This was his first year competing and he took 4th place! We are all so very proud of him. When he finished his test (they took a 1 hour proctored math test) he didn't think he even passed it, let alone place. We were all very excited. My oldest son was in the 6th grade competition. For him the bar was higher because he took 1st place the last 2 years running. He was quite cocky and touting he would take it for a 3rd year, of course which I told him not to get too cocky and have to eat crow afterwards! Well he took the test and low and behold the little bugger took 1st place again for the 3rd straight year! My wife and I are extremely proud of both our sons. Next up is a spelling contest for the district! We're looking forward to it very much.

My wife and I have also been trying for another child, for the last couple of years. It's been met with a couple of miscarriages though, and we were going to wait to try for a bit. Then, unexpectedly she turned up pregnant again. She made it past the first trimester and everything seems to be going well. Now comes along one of our first ultrasounds. The doctor find the heartbeat without a problem. And then found the other heartbeat right next to it. And yes, my jaw literally dropped. We're having twins! Couldn't believe it! We're very excited and looking forward to having the double-trouble! A little worried too - twice the poop, twice the food, twice the crying, and all the other good stuff that comes along with the little one's!

I would like to thank all of the board staff for everything they've done. While I've been out and not had nearly enough time for the board, they have all been wonderful and helped out enormously. VBAX has seen its share of problems and quite a bit of spam recently. There's been some changes made to try and reduce that, and all the work that's gone into it is highly appreciated! So please, if you see a moderator or administrator around, take the time to thank them for all their hard work!

Moderator VBAX Wizard Aussiebear's Avatar
    Not even sure where to start!
    Beginning........<------ This way Zack..................End

In my last semester of my paramedic program now. It's definitely the busiest time of the program and the internship requirements have skyrocketed. I'm almost done with all of my clinical internship hours, which include ER, ICU, NICU, PICU, OR, psych rotations, & labor and delivery. Then there are the field internship hours. I don't know how many hours I have done total, but I know it's well over 1000. That number is not including class time as well, which I think is around an additional 500 hours or so thus far. If all goes well I'll be done in July.
    .... yes but have you got around to actually putting a bandage on anyone yet?

I did get promoted to Captain a few months ago though.
    Do you reckon you could pull a couple of strings to get me out of here?

We're having twins!
    Well done Zack. You might need to consider taking up another hobby.

So please, if you see a moderator or administrator around, take the time to thank them for all their hard work!
    ........ You mean I've actually got to do something here????
    Remember To Do the Following....
    Use [Code].... [/Code] tags when posting code to the thread.
    Mark your thread as Solved if satisfied by using the Thread Tools options.
    If posting the same issue to another forum please show the link

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    .... yes but have you got around to actually putting a bandage on anyone yet?
    Does a band-aid count? Ooh, I put oxygen on someone. But really, yeah, done some very, very cool things.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiebear
    Do you reckon you could pull a couple of strings to get me out of here?
    I don't have that much power! LOL!

Well done Zack. You might need to consider taking up another hobby.
    Yeah, it's called diaper duty!! Wait, no, double diaper duty!! LOL!

........ You mean I've actually got to do something here????
    Yeah, I'm the person to ask that... LOL!

Good to get an update from you Zack. Sounds like life is keeping you very busy.

Best of luck in your endeavors and with your family.
    Steve
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Site Admin VBAX Guru Simon Lloyd's Avatar
    Great news Zack and really great to get an update from you
    Regards,
    Simon
    Please read this before cross posting!
    In the unlikely event you didn't get your answer here try Microsoft Office Discussion @ The Code Cage
    If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.
    Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675 English mathematician & physicist (1642 - 1727)

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    Yeah, stereo..... the closer it gets the more scared I get!

Just got all of my internship data ported to Excel 2010. Slicing and dicing data six ways from Sunday! What a great program.

Nice to see you back around Zack, all your hard work is finally paying off
    Regards,
    Simon
    In the unlikely event you didn't get your answer here try Microsoft Office Discussion @ The Code Cage
    Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675 English mathematician & physicist (1642 - 1727)

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru

I finished my internship! Finally!! Now I just have to test and get my degree in line. Don't know how long it will take, but it's all downhill!!

Thats great news Zack!, don't sweat the test - after all thats what you've spent all this time at school for
    Regards,
    Simon

Mac Moderator VBAX Expert shades's Avatar
    Wish you well on the tests, Zack. And well done on all your prep.

Software: LibreOffice 3.3 on Mac OS X 10.6.5
    (retired Excel 2003 user, 3.28.2008 )
    Humanware: Older than dirt
    --------------------
    old, slow, and confused
    but at least I'm inconsistent!

Rich

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    Passed the National Registry paramedic practical yesterday. Freaking tough test! Twelve stations altogether. I knew it would be hard, but wow! Now onto the written.

And the twins are doing great btw! 5 months old now. Almost crawling, but scooting all over the place. They're both very happy babies. I'll post some pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chillin at tree.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	5288  

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru

Name:	christmas princess.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	5289  

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru

Name:	happy for santa.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	5290  

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    And I passed both my National Registry practical and written examinations for paramedic. Woo hoo! VERY happy about it!!

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    I hope that they didn't ask you about Decadron!

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    Oh but they did! LOL! It was just such an obscure question, I had to tweet about it. I laughed my butt off about it.

Hmmmm...... way to quiet. I'll bet your up to something!