Thread: Solved: Very helpful piece of code

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hello Amanda1 and anyone else who's interested...

Here is version 1 of "ScreenTiler" for testing.

I've included a few things in the attached zip file:
    -ScreenTiler.xla --> a prepackaged excel addin with all the code
    -ufScreenTiler.frm & ufScreenTiler.frx --> the userforms which can be imported directly into a VBProject
    -modScreenTiler.bas --> the code module which can be imported directly into a VBProject

The xla will work as is in Excel (just install the addin via Tools|Addins.)

If you want to use the functionality in another office app, import the userform and codemodule into the appropriate document/template/code container. As far as the other apps go, I did my best to ensure that it was coded to work from all the other office apps, and I'm fairly sure that it will. The trick will be to get the toolbar to load automatically. I still need to work out (acquire) instructions on how to make that happen easily. I did use AutoOpen procedures, so hopefully it makes it really easy to just import, but I haven't tested that in full as of yet. Tested it from Word, and the code ran without a hitch.

The code creates a toolbar which has 8 commands on it:
    -Configure Applications is where you choose what three apps you want to use. (Must be three). If you have not run this macro, you will be prompted before you can run any of the others. It only needs to be run once, but is there in case you decide to change programs or want to toggle a division by less than 10% at a time.

-Activate Screen Split is how you activate the screen splitting features that you set in the configuration screen.
    -Maximize All Apps will maximize all applications that you toggled

-Decrease & Increase width of left app (2 buttons) will move the left right division.. er.. left or right.
    -Decrease & Increase height of upper right app (2 buttons) will... I think you get the picture.

-Version holds the application version.

Not hard to use, but you must have all three apps open, or you will get a hole in your screen and a message that says it couldn't resize one (or more).

Give it a play and let me know if anything works, doesn't work, and/or could be improved.

Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

good morning ken...(08:45 GMT)

i am trying your "very helpful piece of code" and like to ask you why do i "have" to use 3 apps?!

normally i'm using just excel and to some extend word, maybe access...

would your addin not work with just 2 of the above?

have anice day,
    wolfgang