Thread: Solved: Very helpful piece of code

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well... because I programmed it that way.

Seriously, in the original scope, I worked on the 3 app basis. In the setup userform, I forced a use to choose three apps.

I also made another determination in the code that I would not let a user scale any of the apps down to less than 10% of the screen height/width, as I didn't want to do with the issue of having an app "open and invisible" by setting it to no height or width. I figured that would make a real mess of things, especially if it was the one with the toolbar to undo it.

One interesting point, though, is that if you only open two of the three apps you select, it will scale, but only to a max 90% on the right hand side. Now I suppose that I could alter it to allow 100% scaling if only two apps were chosen... I'll have to think on it.

FYI, I forgot to mention that at the current time this does not work with Access or Visio. Only Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher and Outlook.
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

good morning again ken,

thank you very much for your answer..

I'm glad to learn that you ""programmed it that way" and that it is not a "bug" on my system...

ok, so i selcted excel - word and powerpoint and when i clicked "activate screen split" i got the following error message:

the following application(s) could not be resized:
    word, powerpoint

does this tell you anything?!

i'm using xp-pro, us-version and also office 2003, us-version...

best,
    wolfgang