Consulting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: networkdays-function

VBAX Mentor
    Why do I get this #NAME error in columns G and H
    Any Ideas

VBAX Mentor
    I have enabled under tools analysiy pack and still doesnt work should i enable some other option

VBAX Mentor
    =(NETTO.WERKDAGEN(D5;E5;0)) it looks like this shouldnt it write WORKDAYS??

VBAX Mentor
    Can this be done for 3 or 4 or 5 and so on documents I mean will it calculate right if I assign to him more than 2 documents

Quote Originally Posted by saban
    =(NETTO.WERKDAGEN(D5;E5;0)) it looks like this shouldnt it write WORKDAYS??
    Hey, that is the Dutch function name. Yes, it should read NETWORKDAYS in stead of NETTO.WERKDAGEN. Normally function names are translated along with the workbook but it seems that doesn't go for the Analysis Toolpak? Anyway, the solutions is to change the function name to NETWORKDAYS.

Can this be done for 3 or 4 or 5 and so on documents I mean will it calculate right if I assign to him more than 2 documents
    You mean with more then two documents for a translator? Yes, it can be done but it involves quite some math. Perhaps it would be easier to capture the solving logic in a VBA routine (macro) but it will take some time to figure it out. It's probably easier to simply 'plan' the translation work and see if it all works out as you go.

Rembo

VBAX Mentor
    For 2 documents it works fine but how would be possible to check for 3 or more documents. The workbook(sheet1) in attachment does that but it does not exclude weekends from calculations? Do you know how could I exclude weekends from sheet1 I must say you did a great job with "mirza" on sheet2 but I really need calculations for more than 2 documents infact I do not know how many documents will he recieve as long as he is able to translate them( could be 10 documents or just 2 depends on what is the capacity)
    You said It would be easier done with VBA do you have any ideas what the code should look like

thnx for your time and patience

VBAX Mentor
    could you check if weekends are excluded

check this workbook

if it says "zaseden" then transl. is not free
    and if it says "prost" transl is free

Hello Saban,

Sorry for my late reply, I've been rather busy. I'm still a little short on time but I'll see if I can help you out here.

For 2 documents it works fine but how would be possible to check for 3 or more documents. The workbook(sheet1) in attachment does that but it does not exclude weekends from calculations?
    If you use NETWORKDAYS it doesn't count days on the weekend.

Do you know how could I exclude weekends from sheet1 I must say you did a great job with "mirza" on sheet2 but I really need calculations for more than 2 documents infact I do not know how many documents will he recieve as long as he is able to translate them( could be 10 documents or just 2 depends on what is the capacity)
    You said It would be easier done with VBA do you have any ideas what the code should look like
    Yes, but then it's easier to solve this by simply starting to plan time for the assignments. For example, let's say your translater has to translate 3 documents:

Document 1: takes 3 days, has to be finished by the end of 29 january
    Document 2: takes 2 days, has to be finished by the end of 27 january
    Document 3: takes 4 days, has to be finished by the end of 2 February

Can this be done?
    1st available workingday is 20 January

Total working days needed is 3+2+4 = 9 days
    First document to finish is document 2 because that deadline is closest. Plan this one, so that will cost you 2 working days. Needed working days for the rest of the documents is 9-2 = 7 days.

If your tranlator works on this for 2 days then he start on the next document on 24 January.

Second document to finish is document 1. Planning this one:
    3 days, starting from 24th = end of 26th. This one can also be done in time.
    Working days left = 7-3=4 days. Next available working day is 27 January.

Your translator needs 4 days for document 3 which means the document is finished at the end of 1 February. Also in time.

Conclusion: it can be done.

The pattern here is that you simply start to plan and see if it fits as you go along. Start with the document that has the nearest deadline, then move on to the next etc. That is how you solve this kind of problem.

I don't have time to translate this into VBA right now but if I can spare some time next week I'll help you out (if that is still needed).

Regards,

Rembo

VBAX Mentor
    thnx I willl let you know how far did i manage to come
    stay cool
    saban