Consulting

Thread: VBA - Remove Duplicate rows from an entire worksheet

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    VBAX Newbie
    VBA - Remove Duplicate rows from an entire worksheet

Hi everyone!

I need help with VBA removing duplicate rows.

My colleagues are exporting reports from Power BI. Then, they are combined on a single worksheet. Each report can contain various numbers of rows - hundreds or dozens of thousands. After each report's dataset, an empty row is added, and then a message row with a list of filters applied in Power BI. You can see an example of the output file as attached. This is what combined data looks like.

Eventually, I don't need those "filter messages," but removing them is relatively easy. However, removing duplicate rows presents an issue.

I have recorded a macro in Excel. When recording the macro, I selected the entire worksheet, and it worked well in the workbook where it was recorded. But when running the same macro on a different dataset, it gives an error, specifically when the number of rows is larger.

Sub RemoveDuplicates()
    Cells.Select
    ActiveSheet.Range("$A$1:$V$5907").RemoveDuplicates Columns:=Array(1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 _
    , 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22), Header:=xlYes
    End Sub
    Can you help me with the code that would remove duplicate rows from an entire worksheet without specifying the number of rows?

Thank you!!!

P.S. I am using Excel 365 for Windows, build 2307
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Aussiebear; 10-09-2023 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Added code tags to supplied code