Consulting

Thread: Querying multiple tables for a report

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    VBAX Regular
    Querying multiple tables for a report

Greetings. This is for an online university course that I am taking. I have tried to figure this out myself for weeks now. I have emailed my tutor who gave me some information that has helped. I have invested hours with nothing to show for except confusion and frustration. I have to create a simple database for a video store. I have four tables with fields filled out accordingly with various information (Customers, Rentals, Media, Categories). I cannot seem to figure out how to string them all together in a query.

For example: If I had one table with a customers information, a second table with movie information and a third with rental status - what criteria in which table do I write? If the customers table had a check box for 'current rentals' how do I link it to a specific record in the rentals table? How would I only show late rentals (with a table I've already created that has old and new dates).

It seems all the issues are surrounding the query criteria. I know it's probably very basic for most people here however any help or direction would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

I would love to email the actual instructions to anyone who is interested in reading them and helping me out...
    cromarty at aci dot on dot ca

Ashley
    Last edited by mdmackillop; 02-19-2007 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Retitled