Consulting

Thread: errors after going from Groupwise 6 to Groupwise 7

VBAX Newbie
    errors after going from Groupwise 6 to Groupwise 7

Hi,

We have a nifty Access 2002 mdb that I use to import data from a file and then once I click another button it creates emails in a groupwise folder (Work in Progress) that can then be sent at my discretion. The code also adds a file to the email which is a basic txt file with employees and the deduction amounts they pay.

This worked in GroupWise 6.0 and then we upgraded to 7.0 and I get the following error if I just try to run the code in the VB window, "Object library feature not supported"

Here is the line that the compiler errors at now:

Set oApp = CreateObject("NovellGroupWareSession")

Is there any change in the VB code required between version 6 and 7, all of the code that other users have done to create emails in GroupWise have pretty much the same line.

Welcome to the forum! Always good to see new members.

Do you have a reference (in the VBE click Tools -> References) set to the new Group Wise library? If you're reference is for the old library, or you don't have a reference at all, then that's the reason for your issue.

HTH
    -Randy Shea
    I'm a programmer, but I'm also pro-grammar!
    If your issue is resolved, please use Thread Tools to mark your thread as Solved!

PODA (Professional Office Developers Association) | Certifiable | MOS: Access 2003

VBAX Newbie
    Well you were spot on, thankyou very much! Now to move onto more complicated things...