Consulting

Thread: Setting values to Group of checkbox

Smile Setting values to Group of checkbox

I am having group of checkboxes on VBA form and from there i am sending multiple values to db. For example i have 10 checkboxes in a group and i selected only 5, on save button click it will go to access column. Also all 5 values will got to a single columne in this format 1,2,3,4,5 where 1,2,3,4 and 5 are default values of checkbox and i need to operated on the same.

Please help me in achieving this, any help will be hihly appreciated..

Thanks and regards
    Amit Ranjan

VBAX Guru
    What you describe is a very poor way to store the data, especially if you need to do any kind of analysis on it later.
    You would be much better off having one field per Check box.
    Have you also considered using a Multiselect List Box?

I agree with you, but this is what is the requirement by our client. They said us to do in this way. We tried to convince them. Also there are almost 200+ columns already in that table and aroung 100's of check boxes on the form so it will be difficult for us to create that much columns.
    Anywayz do you have any idea over that... how to takle the above mentioned situation
    if(this.postHelpsU) then
    {
    clickThankButton()
    }
    endif

VBAX Guru
    So when a user clicks on a Check Box you want to add that Selection to a Field in a table and add each one that is clicked?
    If so is the Field also on the Form?