Consulting

Thread: Advance Filter Criteria

VBAX Expert
    Advance Filter Criteria

I have a database that I've configured Advance Filter to more easily filter the data. The criteria range is defined as A1:BB3, thus allowing for two rows of potential criteria. Where more than one criteria row is defined, are criteria required in at least one cell on both rows before the filter will work?

For some reason, when I type one surname in the appropriate column on Row 2 the filter doesn't work until I type in an additional criteria on Row 3. Is that the expected behavior?

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Opv View Post
    Where more than one criteria row is defined, are criteria required in at least one cell on both rows before the filter will work?
    Off the top of my head stuff:
    Effectively yes; I think you'll have to reduce the size of the criteria range as when you have blank rows in that range I think it takes it that you're looking for blanks too - or something like that.
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.

A blank row in the criteria range will effectively match all data.
    Be as you wish to seem

VBAX Expert
    Thanks. I should have thought of that. I'll come up with a workaround. Thanks.