Consulting

Thread: 2013 code to open dialog box pathed to folder and append selected file to table

VBAX Newbie
    2013 code to open dialog box pathed to folder and append selected file to table

hello!
    as my subject line states, I want to import an Excel file (capture all versions include '97/03) in the following manner:

- specify the folder that the open dialog box points to for the user to continue to select the specific file (as the name of the file changes each time this task needs to be done).
    - a message box to confirm the name of the file selected
    - the import will append to an existing table (named "Offer Totals") in the db
    - I need the file name to be updated in the db table - there is a field named "Offer Summary File Name" for this purpose but only if the filename is not already existing in the db table (to prevent the same file from being imported twice!). I do have an Update Query built where the user inputs the name of the file and the query fills it in all the empty records of the field, however, I'd rather not rely on the user to get it right

I appreciate your help!

Do you have a question?

If you are asking is the possible with VBA the answer is Yes.

Maybe this is what you want: Import Data from Microsoft Excel
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTechCoach
    Microsoft Access MVP -2010-2015

Programming: Nine different ways to do it right, a thousand ways to do it wrong.
    Binary--it's as easy as 1-10-11