Thread: For in columns Range

VBAX Regular
    For in columns Range

Hi everyone, im learning the basic of VBA and i can figure out how to advance in cell range.
    What i need in my Macro is: From a Worksheet (ex: W1) select a whole cell, and the result paste it in another worksheet (W2) cell (A1), then pick another column of W1 and sum it and paste it in A2 and so on.
    What i've wrote is

Sub SumasTbf()
    Dim Seleccion As Range
    Dim Suma

Worksheets("hoja2").Activate
    Set Seleccion = Range(ActiveSheet.Range("B1"), ActiveSheet.Range("B1").End(xlDown))
    Suma = WorksheetFunction.Sum(Seleccion)
    Worksheets("hoja3").Range("F1") = Suma
    End Sub
    Now im thinking in using a FOR to move the range B1 to C1 but i dont know how to move the B to C, can you help me plz! in case of working with rows it would be "B"& x ?? (another question)... waiting for an answer
    Last edited by tomzko; 12-30-2015 at 03:18 PM.

this will work if there are no numbers below ActiveSheet.Range("[B to E]1").End(xlDown)
    Dim rnbSuma As Range
    Set rngSuma = Worksheets("hoja3").Range("F1")

For columna = 2 to 5 'Column B to Column E
    rngSuma.Value = WorksheetFunction.Sum(Worksheets("hoja2").Columns(columna)) 
    Set rngSuma = rngSuma.Offset(1)
    Next columna

Set Seleccion = Range(ActiveSheet.Range("B1"), ActiveSheet.Range("B1").End(xlDown))
    This is the same, but for any column number (columna)
    Set Seleccion = Range(ActiveSheet.Cells(1, columna), ActiveSheet.Cells(1, columna).End(xlDown))

If you desire to move rngSuma to the right across columns, (F1 to G1 to H1 ...) then use .Offset(0 Rows, 1 columns)
    Set rngSuma = rngSuma.Offset(0, 1)
    Last edited by SamT; 12-30-2015 at 06:07 PM.
    I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ