Yes, this is strangely weird. Currently I can take the same file provided to you and it will import correctly into Access no issues whatsoever. The problem is it only inputs up to 255. Thus is why I was attempting to split the file into two tables and then combine the two tables by deleting out what isn't needed. The file is generated from an external interface as a .dat file. I have a import form setup. Using select file dialog syntax the user selects the file and the vba takes the .dat file and creates a temporary text file for import. I had to do those because unless I'm missing something Access can not import .dat files. This was all well and good until the file exceeded 255 columns. I can't uses .xlsx extension because it doesn't separate the records.

Unfortunately importing to Excel, splitting it out to two worksheets, and then importing to Access is not an option for this user application. Is it possible to open an instance of Excel, import the data, and specify ranges of the excel worksheet I would like to import to Access? Can you upload what you have working from what you referenced in your previous post? I'd like to see what you did. Thanks for the feedback. I've got to get this sorted out very soon because I'm running out of time.