Consulting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Solved: Advice for Reducing Database Size?

2002 has a size limit of 2GB but I wouldn't expect to be able to get anywhere near that size.

In my experience, the limit depends on the individual database, and you have to make a judgement as to when performance is being adversely affected.

Something that came to mind as I was reading through the support pages. I never got an error message in any of this. It just stopped working. Not only did my command buttons stop functioning, but, even the built in close buttons wouldn't work. I had force quit the program to get out of it.

Gary

2GB and my DB is 60MB and working fine. Maybe I'm being over protective, but, now that we have experienced this problem with importing and code not working, I feel obligated to see it to the end and try and help figure it out. Now 2GB is for the 2002 vers, but, does anyone know what the 2000 vers limit is?

Gary

I want to thank everyone for their help on this. I retraced my steps and started over in a new blank database-right clicked on table and imported from my existing database, leaving out all he mysys tables - did the same steps on queries, forms, macros and modules. Compiled the database and then ran compact and repair database and everything is working and I reduced the size by 20MB. I am Marking this solved. Once again, thank you to everyone for their input.

Gary