Consulting

Thread: Newbie question re:Userform/ComboBox

VBAX Regular
    Newbie question re:Userform/ComboBox

Not sure really how to begin:

I have a populated Combo box in a user form, works just fine.
    I would like to be able to bring up the userform by doubleclicking on any cell in 4 non contiguous columns which are each 36 rows ( if not possible, no problem, I use a keyboard sequence to bring it up now). In any case, once the cell is selected, I need to be able to transfer the selected text, or in some cases, text which is typed into the list, to that 1 particular cell.

Also, am I correct in understanding that a user can type a new entry into the combo box and that the entry will be automatically added to the existing list?

Any one kind enough to help a clueless newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru

You can use a worksheet event to perform the "double-click" event you are describing. Specific addresses would help on a more curtailed solution.

As far as the functionality of adding items on the fly to a userform combobox, I'm not aware of it. You could do this programmatically with a text box, then have the after_update command adding it to the list of your combobox.

VBAX Regular
    Sorry, my fault about cross-posting. I'm new at this and I forgot that cross-posting is a no-no. I apologize. Thank you for your imput.

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    No problem. It's not necessarily a no-no, just polite to post links to the other post.

If you need any additional help, just post back.